I wanted to share with you all one of my favorite soups, this tuscan white bean soup is hearty and packed full of amazing flavor. The best part is it is so easy!
- 6 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced celery
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 ounces dried Great Northern beans
- 3 cups kale, stemmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted tomato paste
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, shaved (about 1/4 cup)
Place first 8 ingredients in a 6-quart electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours. Discard thyme and bay leaf.
Stir kale, tomato paste, and salt into bean mixture. Shape sausage into 32 meatballs; arrange on top of bean mixture. Cover and cook on HIGH 30 minutes or until meatballs are thoroughly cooked. Stir in juice. Divide soup among 8 bowls; top with cheese.